Day 44 - Sat 11 Oct 25: Singapore

Sat 11 Oct 25: Singapore

Time zone adjustment and medication is seriously messing with my sleep - but I managed to get through the day with almost no sleep and no napping. Noel is well and truly on the mend, and I am also picking up - i just need more sleep. We went down for another late breakfast, then I took Noel out to Orchard Road for a day of Retail Therapy. The first few department stores we visited were way above our target price range (Tiffany &Co, Prada, Burbery, Cartier and Armani to name a few), but we eventually stumbled across one that satisfied both our interests. For me it  included a sports store with a fantastic range of cycle gear, bike accessories and fold-up bikes. At 2:00pm, feeling a bit peckish, I introduced Noel to dining at a Singaporean Food Court - just how I remember them, a good variety of simple but tasty asian foods at a budget price and delicious. Singapore has become very expensive in every aspect, but it was nice to stumble across this small food court where time seems to have stood still ($2.50 for a Stir Fried Chicken with steamed rice for Noel). My Five-Spice Duck with Noodles, Bok Choy and a clear soup was a little more expensive at $6.00, and very tasty. After lunch, we returned to the hotel, and later decided to go down and sit at a nearby bar for a couple of refreshments overlooking the very busy Clarke Quay for a couple of hours - it was very pleasant. We decided that after such a late lunch (although it was small), that we didn't need or want Dinner, so we returned to our room and started pre-packing and early night for our departure tomorrow. Check out of hotel tomorrow is at 12:00pm, so we will kill time before heading to he airport at 4:00pm to catch our 8:15pm flight back home - another overnight flight.

Shopping Trip - Orchard Road

Shopping Trip - Orchard Road

Wandering through some back streets off Orchard Road, I stumbled across an alleyway with a bunch of old buildings that look just how I remember them from the 80s-90s. It turned out to be Emerald Hill - the site of a former nutmeg orchard established in 1837.

Emerald Hill 

Emerald Hill 



Emerald Hill - the old and the new


Emerald Hill 

Emerald Hill 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 7 - Thu 04 Sep 25: Zurich

Day 39 - Mon 6 Oct 25: Rome

Day 16 - Sat 13 Sep 25: Interlaken (Jungfraujoch)