Thu 04 Sep 25: Zurich
I had trouble with the internet last night, and eventually gave up on doing the blog. When I woke this morning at 6am I found that I had no internet, and my eSIM was no longer working. I spent the next couple of hours fault finding and problem solving with tech experts back home in Australia, but eventually, they conceited defeat. Solution - delete the current problematic eSIM, and Simify Customer Service sent me a replacement. Thankfully, after lots of frustration, I had data again. At breakfast we met 2 other couples who are doing the same rail tour as us, so we joined up for the days activities. First up, we caught a train about3 minutes out of Zurich to the small town of Kilchberg, then walked another km to the Lindt Home of Chocolate for a self guided tour, and lots of chocolate tasting. After our fill of delicious chocolate, we returned to Zurich by train, bought some lunch then caughta tram to the Ferry Quay where we did a very pleasant and relaxing 90 minute cruise on Lake Zurich. Back on land, we caught a tram back to the main railway station then I visited the Zurich Museum while Noel returned to the room to rest her legs. It seemed the 90 minutes I had in the Museum didn’t scratch the surface. They have some wonderful and very interesting exhibitions. Eventually I returned to the room shortly after 5 pm, then when we went to go out to buy some dinner, the skies opened up with the biggest downpour and thunderstorm I’ve seen for a long time. Insta, we decided to grab some takeaway from a nearby bakery for Noel and Indian restaurant for me, then we dined in the room again tonight. Thankfully, the rain held off long enough today for us to get out and play tourists.
 |
| Zurich |
 |
| Lindt Home of Chocolate |
 |
| Lindt Home of Chocolate (A fountain of chocolate) |
 |
| How much can I eat.... |
 |
| How many samples can I take (pockets full apparently)! |
 |
| How to dip my fingers into that ? |
 |
| Smile Noel |
 |
| Leaving Kilchberg heading back to Zurich (only 12 minutes away) |
 |
| Train to Zurich |
 |
| Lake Zurich Boat Cruise |
 |
| Lake Zurich Boat Cruise |
 |
| Lake Zurich Boat Cruise |
 |
| Lake Zurich Boat Cruise |
 |
| Lake Zurich Boat Cruise |
 |
| Lake Zurich Boat Cruise |
 |
| Lake Zurich Boat Cruise |
 |
| Lake Zurich Boat Cruise |
 |
| Lake Zurich Boat Cruise |
 |
| Lake Zurich Boat Cruise (The Lindt Home of Chocolate) |
 |
| Lake Zurich Boat Cruise |
 |
| Lake Zurich Boat Cruise |
 |
| Museum Visit |
 |
| Museum Visit |
 |
| Museum Visit |
 |
| Museum Visit |
 |
| Museum Visit |
Very nice. Keep enjoying.
ReplyDelete